Elilan complains to SLMM on artillery fire in Muttur east

[TamilNet, Thursday, 15 June 2006, 08:36 GMT]
Mr.S.Elilan, Trincomalee district political head of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) Thursday complained to the monitors of the Sri Lanka Monitoring Mission who had been witnessing the multi-barrel artillery fire launched by the Sri Lanka Army (SLA) that the time has come for the SLMM to take a decisive decision on the indiscriminate artillery attack on Tamil civilian population in the Muttur east by the State armed forces., sources said.

Mr.Elilan said that he has told the SLMM monitors who were at the scene where civilian houses being damaged during multi-barrel attack that no meaningful purpose will be served by merely saying that the government has violated the Ceasefire Agreement, sources said.

"You have personally seen the multi-barrel attack and the damages caused to the civilian houses in the Muttur east and the sufferings of the civilians fleeing to save their lives. We urge the SLMM to take immediate action to stop such attacks on civilian population," Mr.Elilan told SLMM monitors who were at the scene Thursday morning, sources said.

Civil society leaders in the Muttur east have been actively engaged in collecting the casualty figure caused by multi-barrel artillery fire by the SLA Thursday, sources said.

 

Latest 15 Reports
 
Find this article at:
http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=18517