Second post-mortems on Muttur aid workers' bodies held

[TamilNet, Sunday, 29 October 2006, 14:35 GMT]
Second post-mortems on eleven exhumed bodies out of seventeen aid workers of a French based non-governmental organization "Action against Hunger," who were shot and killed in Muttur in the first week of August, were carried out over four days last week at Colombo police morgue in the presence of one Australian forensic expert, sources in Colombo said. Anuradhapura Judicial Medical Officer (JMP) Dr.D.L.Waidyaratne, who also carried out the first post-mortems on the bodies in Trincomalee general hospital in August, carried out the second one in Colombo.

Post-mortem reports would be submitted before Anuradhapura Magistrate Mr.Wasantha Jinadasa who has been specially appointed by the Sri Lanka's Judicial Services Commission (JSC) to hear the case.

The inquiry is expected to resume on a latter date in the Kantalai magistrate's court.

Dr.D.L.Waidyaratne would submit the post-mortem reports on all seventeen bodies with additional information from the second post-mortem, sources said.

JMO sources said the ballistic evidence found during the second post-mortem examinations in the bodies which had been x-rayed would be submitted to court without waiting for the results of the Government Analyst, sources said.

According to JMO sources, the court will order that any foreign matter found during the course of second post-mortem examination be sent to the Government Analyst.

Only relatives of eleven victims gave consent for the exhumation of bodies, sources said.


External Links:
ACF: Muttur Massacre


Chronology:

 

Latest 15 Reports
 
Find this article at:
http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=20069