Forensic expert arrives in Sri Lanka
[TamilNet, Sunday, 06 December 1998, 12:52 GMT]
Mr. William De Hagland, director of the International Forensic Programme (IFP), who is on a official visit to Sri Lanka met officials from the Humans Rights Commission (HRC) and the Counter Subversive Unit (CSU), said sources.
Mr. William De Hagland is in Sri Lanka on invitation by the Asia Foundation, the sources added.
The IFP is expected to carry the exhumation of alleged graves in Chemmani, in Jaffna, if the Sri Lankan Government grants permission to an international organisation to do the task, said sources.
The IFP carried the exhumation of graves in Rwanda.
Meanwhile HRC in Jaffna said that following ten persons arrested by the Sri Lankan Government forces in the Palai and Vadamaradchi areas on November 2, are detained at SLA's 524-division camp at Vadamaradchi.
1. Nadesu Rasakumar, Udupiddy
2. Yogalingam Kugan, Udupiddy
3. Suntharam Shanmuganathan, Udupiddy
4. Velayutham Kamalathas, Thondamanaaru
5. Thalayasingham Ranjon, Thondamanaaru
6. Sinnathurai Vikneswaran, Thondamanaaru
7. Selavarasa Manisivan, Achchelu, Neervely
8. Gajenthiran Kapilathas, Achchelu, Neervely
9. Karupaiah Karunakaran, Thalayadi
10. Thapalasingham Pirabakaran, Puloppalai, Palai