Journalist Tissanayagam further remanded[TamilNet, Wednesday, 20 August 2008, 16:56 GMT]Sunday Times columnist J.S.Tissanayagam and two others were ordered further remand till September 9 Wednesday by the Colombo Chief Magistrate, Manjula Thilakaratne when they were produced in court. Mr.Jaseeharan and Ms Valarmathi who had been running the printing press, were the other two suspects, legal sources said. Prosecuting police official submitted to court that the Attorney General has indicted Mr.Tissnayagam in Colombo High Court under the Prevention of Terrorism Act (PTA) for allegedly collecting funds for the LTTE and published articles, legal sources said. Chronology: 20.06.10 Tissainayagam arrives in US
11.01.10 Tissainayagam released on bail
|
Latest 15 Reports
|
|
|
Reproduction of this news item is allowed when used without
any alterations to the contents and the source, TamilNet, is mentioned |
||
|
News | Features | Opinion | Palaka'ni | Photo Features | TN Transcription
Web feeds | Feedback | Home | About us |