Trinco utility cuts to continue

[TamilNet, Wednesday, 18 August 1999, 22:17 GMT]
The cut in the power and water supply is expected to continue in the Trincomalee town and its suburbs for the second week, said officials today.

The power-cut imposed by the Ceylon Electricity Board is to continue for some time until the damaged 60 ft pylon is repaired. The repairs are getting delayed as the necessary workmen from Colombo are not willing to come to Trincomalee for security reasons, CEB sources said.

Last week, the CEB announced that daily a 45 minute power-cut would be imposed.

However, the Trincomalee town suffers power-cut at almost any time and not necessarily at the specified time.

On Tuesday and Wednesday the power supply to the Trincomalee town was disrupted more than five times in a day, disrupting the lives of residents.

The CEB sources say that the disruption is inevitable and it is due to the low voltage of the electricity supplied from the Habarana main station.

Until the supply of electricity from the Anuradhapura main station is resumed, the people in the Trincomalee town and its suburbs have no alternative other than adjusting themselves to the situation, officials said.

 

Latest 15 Reports
 
Find this article at:
http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=3794