Seven Tigers killed in Vanni clashes
[TamilNet, Wednesday, 10 December 1997, 23:59 GMT]
The Voice of Tigers said this morning that there were confrontations between the Liberation Tigers and the SLA at Kankarayan Kulam and Karuppatta Murippu yesterday.
Three Tigers were killed at Kanakarayan Kulam and four at Karuppatta Murippu. The VOT gave the names of those killed in the two incidents.
- Mithunakaran (Punniyamoorthy Santhan-Amparai),
- Sivasothy (Kaththamuthu Siventhiram- Kokkatticholai, Batticaloa)
- Ramanan (Selvarajah Kanakarajah -Jaffna).
- Vivay (Aiyathurai Kadakaran -Amparai)
- Kumuthan (Vinayakamoorthy Rason Pandivirichchan, Mannar),
- Aranenjan (Sangarapillai Ahileswaran, Batticaloa), - Maruthu Paandy (Manikkavasakar Yokeswaran, Navaly south, Manipay)
The VOT also said that the LTTE had attacked the Arisimalai army detachment in the Pulmoddai area north of Trincomalee and killed two soldiers.
The army unit had been ambushed around 6.30 a.m. in the morning while it was returning from the place where it normally slept during the night for fear of night attacks on the camp by the LTTE.
The Tigers, according to the VOT, had captured from the Arisimalai army an AK LMG, large number of rounds, link ammunition, magazines and a sophisticated communications set.