General Ratwatte further remanded

[TamilNet, Wednesday, 22 January 2003, 15:52 GMT]
The three-member bench of High Court Wednesday ordered further remand for the fifteen accused including General Anurudha Ratwatte and his two sons Lohan and Chanuka till Thursday in the Udathalawinne massacre case. The Court said it would deliver his ruling whether General Ratwatte should be released on bail or not on the application made by the defence, legal sources said.

When the fifteen accused were produced in the High Court Wednesday from remand, counsel for the accused General Ratwatte moved for bail. Defence Counsel R.I. Obeyasekara said that General Ratwatte is ill and he should be allowed bail.

The High Court said it would announce his decision Thursday about allowing General Ratwatte on bail, legal sources said.

General Ratwatte, his two sons Rohan and Chanuka and other twelve accused have been indicted by the Attorney General with the murder of ten Muslim youths, threatening voters, criminal intimidation and unlawful assembly on 5 December last year, the sources said.

 

Latest 15 Reports
 
Find this article at:
http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=8209