LTTE, Muslim leaders appoint Mutur peace committee
[TamilNet, Friday, 23 May 2003, 18:55 GMT]
The first meeting of the eight-member committee appointed under a four point agreement signed by the Liberation Tigers and Mutur Majlis Al Shura Council last Wednesday to resolve differences between Tamils and Muslims in Mutur area is to be held on May 29 morning at the office of the Sri Lanka Monitoring Mission in Trincomalee district.
The head of the SLMM in Trincomalee Mr Jan Ledang is to preside, sources said.
The committee has been appointed to resolve problems that have arisen between Tamils and Muslims following the recent outbreak of violence in Mutur, the sources said.
The LTTE nominees are:
- LTTE Trincomalee district political head Mr.Thilak
- LTTE Trincomalee district education unit head Ms Kaaronja
- TEEDOR Trincomalee district head Mr.Tharman
- LTTE Trincomalee administrative head Mr.Thevan
The Muttur Majlis Al Shura Council nominees are:
- Muttur Majlis As Shura Council President Moulavi
- M.M.Abdul Careem
- Mr.M.A.G.M.Sabir (Thoppur)
- Mr.M.S.M.Niyas (Kinniya)
- Mr.M.Manaf (Pulmoddai).