Muttur aid workers massacre inquiry put off

[TamilNet, Sunday, 08 October 2006, 17:12 GMT]
The Anuradhapura Magistrate, appointed to conduct the inquest proceedings into the killing of seventeen aid workers of Action against Hunger (ACF) in Muttur last week, put off the further inquiry for October 11 without making an order for the exhumation of remaining fifteen bodies buried after the first post-mortem examination. The family members of the slain aid workers did not attend the hearing on October 4 when the case was taken for inquiry, legal sources said.

Two of the seventeen bodies were earlier exhumed on the orders of the Anuradhapura Magistrate for further post-mortem examination and have been kept in the Colombo national hospital mortuary till the remaining fifteen bodies are exhumed, sources said.

The date for exhumations of the remaining fifteen bodies is expected to be fixed at the next date of hearing scheduled to take place in the Kantalai magistrate's court.

The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Sri Lanka Police is expected to make an application on October 11 for the exhumation of remaining fifteen bodies between October 16 and 20, legal sources said.

Earlier, Australian forensic experts brought to Sri Lanka to investigate the killings returned home last week of September "frustrated by having to idle in Sri Lanka until legal and other modalities were cleared," media in Colombo reported. The experts are experted to return to assist in the investigations.


Chronology:

 

Latest 15 Reports
04.02.24 15:40   Photo
சியோனிசம் காணும் தோல்வி ஈழத்தமிழருக்குப் பலன் தரவல்ல படிமை மாற்றத்தின் அறிகுறி
24.04.22 05:44  
தீவின் நெருக்கடிச் சூழலில் ஈழத்தமிழர் தேசம் கடைப்பிடிக்கவேண்டிய நிலைப்பாடுகள்
09.04.22 14:44   Photo
குறிதவறும் ஈழத்தமிழர் தலைமைகளுக்கு வரலாறு தருகின்ற எச்சரிக்கை
21.01.22 07:24   Photo
ஈழத்தமிழர் தேசத்தின் தலைமைத்துவம் தேர்தல் அரசியற் கட்சிகளுக்கு அப்பாலானது
02.11.21 15:32   Photo
13 ஆம் சட்டத்திருத்தத்தால் கட்டமைக்கப்பட்ட இன அழிப்பை எதிர்கொள்ள முடியுமா?
15.09.21 08:19  
English version not available
17.05.21 19:23   Photo
Ananthi blames war criminal Silva for blocking collective memorial at Mu'l'livaaykkaal
09.04.21 14:46  
English version not available
23.03.21 12:41   Photo
No focus on Tamil genocide, geopolitics gets played out in Geneva in favour of QUAD formation
21.03.21 13:34   Photo
Navi Pillay explains ‘human rights’ limitations in Geneva on Tamil genocide
15.03.21 20:36   Photo
Deceived Tamil activists in UK falsely claimed ‘substantial changes’ to Zero draft
09.03.21 21:34   Photo
UK repeatedly wronged Tamils says hunger-striker, demands genocide justice
26.02.21 11:53   Photo
Tamils witness false dilemma in Geneva as geopolitical formations pit against each other
19.02.21 14:02   Photo
UK not prepared to push for ICC option in new UNHRC Resolution
07.02.21 23:16   Photo
Unprecedented P2P uprising paves the way for rights-oriented politics of Tamils and Muslims
 
Find this article at:
http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=19852